Jewellery Care Tips
At Michey Loves we love to source beautiful things – it’s our passion.
We believe that jewellery should be super quality but most of all make you happy!
All The Jewellery Is:
- Hypo allergenic
- Lead Free and Nickel Safe
- Plated in beautiful gold, silver and rose gold
- Semi-precious stones
- Super sparkly Swarovski crystals or zirconia
- Gorgeous soft leather
- Sourced with love
Care For Your Jewellery
Treat your jewellery with love and care and it will love you right back!
People are generally hard on their jewellery. We would love to say that we clean our jewellery after each use and place it in a velvet lined drawer, but this is unrealistic! However, here are a few simple tips to help keep your jewellery looking its best:
- Keep free of dirt, perfume, make-up, hairspray and other harsh chemicals Jewellery should go on as the final step of dressing.
- Fashion jewellery is not crafted to withstand excessive use or abuse.It should always be removed when cleaning the house, showering, gardening, swimming and any sports. Remember to remove your rings before washing dishes or handling detergents or lotions. Avoid water where possible.
- When your Michey Loves is not in use, please try to store pieces individually in a box (or pouch!). This will keep it dust free, dry and prevent tangling. Here's a fabulous little tip if you are travelling with your sparkle to a humid climate - placing a piece of chalk in the jewellery box will help absorb moisture - who knew!?
Over time, plated jewellery may tarnish, but you can prolong its life by keeping it out of direct sunlight and storing it in a jewellery box when it isn’t being worn. This also helps to prevent more delicate chains from getting tangled or pulled.
Some of our jewellery is 18ct and silver plated. These items can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft cloth, rinsed thoroughly and dried gently.
With love and proper care your Michey Loves jewellery will offer years of beauty and happiness.